Schedule Your Consultation Today!Book Now
A dental crown covers and restores a tooth to its original size and shape following extensive dental breakdown, including fractures or advanced tooth decay.
Crowns can be made out of several types of materials. Porcelain dental crowns, in particular, are very durable and are popular among dental patients because they can be made to resemble the natural tooth.
When they need dental crowns, Broken Arrow, OK residents come to Kenosha Breeze Family Dental.
Crowns are used for the following reasons:
- Decayed, broken, or cracked teeth will need dental crowns to restore form, function, and aesthetics.
- A tooth that has received root canal treatment will become brittle and need a crown to protect the tooth from possible fracture.
- Large fillings are prone to failure so crowns are often placed instead.
The procedure for placing a crown is usually done in two appointments:
- At the first appointment your dentist will numb the tooth and prepare the tooth by removing decay or fractures to create the ideal space for your future crown. The dentist will then create a digital scan of the tooth to send to the lab to create your custom crown. While the laboratory constructs your future crown you will be fitted with a temporary crown.
- At the second appointment, which is generally scheduled about two weeks after the first appointment, the temporary crown is removed and the dentist will place the custom crown. After verifying fit and making any necessary adjustments, the dentist permanently cements the crown in place.
Following your visit at our office in Broken Arrow, OK you will receive home care instructions for how to best care for your new dental crowns. Remember, regular dental visits combined with good eating habits and oral hygiene help lengthen the life of your crown and can even prevent you from needing additional dental crowns in the future.
Questions / concerns?
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your oral health, we are more than happy to sit down with you and discuss how you can achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.Contact Us